What We’re Looking For:
The Sidebench apprenticeship program is a 3-month full-time paid developmental program that is designed to provide the Apprentice with valuable & meaningful first-hand experience within a specific discipline.
We’re looking for a motivated recent college graduate who is looking to gain insight into marketing and communications within the tech and consulting industry.
We invest a lot of time into all of our Apprentices in the hopes that after their 6-month contract ends, they’ll be able to join our team full-time. During the Apprenticeship you will:
- Gain significant exposure to marketing and communications practices within one of the fastest growing digital product consultancies in the US
- Do impactful work that contributes to the greater goals of the Sidebench team
- Be challenged to think big, creatively solve problems, and turn solutions into processes
- Have a dedicated mentor throughout the apprenticeship who is there to help guide you and provide regular, structured feedback
- Work with and learn from a team of smart, friendly, and fun techies who care about your development
With our Marketing team, you will assist in a myriad of activities that cover everything from client relations to the core pillars of our marketing strategies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing our social media strategy as well as writing and scheduling social media posts
- Designing our content schedule and creating original content for our blog and our Medium profile
- Maintaining analytics on our social media channels and our finished products
- Assembling project case studies by working with both the project and design teams
- Strategically leveraging our workshops, events, and other engagements to drive our business development goals
- Co-managing our marketing channels and relationships including Built in LA, Clutch.co, General Assembly and more
- Gaining familiarity with who we are and what we do in order to positively contribute to our brand strategy
- Regularly driving momentum and leading creative meetings that contribute to regular updates to our website
- Produce and distribute a quarterly newsletter that reaches an audience of more than 3,000
- Collaborate with our design team on designing key marketing and sales materials
We are looking for a self-starter who has some previous experience in marketing a B2B company or in a similar communications role. Our ideal candidate has:
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing, branding, or communications role
- Genuine interest in technology and business and the desire to learn more about B2B marketing
- Leadership experience in the classroom, workplace, or at a similar type of organization
- The ability to work independently and go above and beyond the original scope of their tasks
- Strong research and analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to properly edit copy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude and remains responsive, pro-active, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Ability to produce detailed and well-organized documentation (have a knack for effectively summarizing concepts, thoughts, and research)
- Must be able to commit to a full-time role for a period of 6 months
Apprentices are paid $15-18 an hour with the expectation that after successfully completing the Apprenticeship, they will be offered a competitive full-time salary.
Please apply through this link
Sidebench is a leading product development studio and modern tech consultancy that was founded in 2012 by Forbes 30 Under 30 member Kevin Yamazaki. We’ve been named one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine over each of the past 3 years and we’ve landed on Entrepreneur Magazine’s list of America’s Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America over the past 2.
Sidebench specializes in the strategy, design, and building of entire tech-enabled businesses, enterprise platforms & systems, custom mobile & web apps, and internal software that help solve problems for some of the world’s most respected brands and social impact organizations.
We’re a lean team that’s?obsessed with continuous improvement, challenging the status quo, delivering deep specialized expertise, and driving true innovation at a level above the biggest incumbent players in our industry. Our focus is to create great experiences for our end users and provide a great place to work for our people.
Clients include:?Red Bull, Facebook, Oakley, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel Partners, Sony Pictures, United Talent Agency (UTA), NBC Universal, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Imagine Entertainment, Chelsea Handler, Pressed Juicery, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Cedars-Sinai, Foster Care (DCFS), UCSF Innovation, Instagram, American Heart Association, Microsoft, and many others.